When I made the decision to change my lifestyle and follow a Paleo diet – I knew in order for it to be successful for me that I would need to be able to eat the foods I love and grew up eating. Who knew that I could get such delicious and healthy recipes just by changing a few ingredients? For me – meatloaf is one of those meals. Picture a Sunday dinner in an any American household and you are sure to see meatloaf on someone’s table. And truth be told, at some point or another many of us had the T.V. dinner meal with meatloaf as the main item. Making this standard American fare into a delicious paleo meal was super simple and delicious!
- 1lb ground pork
- 1lb ground beef
- 1lb ground turkey
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 egg
- 4-5 peeled garlic cloves
- 1 yellow or white onion
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Chop and dice green bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Add to a bowl with all ground meat.
- Add all seasonings, egg, and 1 tpbsp of tomato paste and mix well.
- Add almond flour to meat mixture and mix well again.
- Divide meat in half and place into two bread pans, packing meat in firmly.
- Take remaining tomato paste and spread on top of meatloaf. (You can put on both, but I like to add a Paleo BBQ sauce one of the loafs.)
- Place pans in preheated 400 degree oven uncovered.
- Cook for 40-45 minutes. (If adding a premade BBQ to the meatloaf – take out after 35 minutes and glaze meatloaf with BBQ sauce and then finish in oven.)
- Allow meat to rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
Serve meatloaf with your favorite vegetables and mashed cauliflower for a complete meal. Or enjoy for breakfast with over easy eggs and a veggie of your choice!